About Scott Cissel
WHO AM I?
The Cissel Families
I am originally from western Howard County outside of Baltimore, MD. The Cissel family has been in the sod and nursery business for over 50 years.
My father, Lambert, is Founder of Kimberthy Turf Farms, Inc. and is the inventor of the Treegator® irrigation system.
My brother, Steve, is President of Kimberthy Turf Farms and 10-20 Media Corporation.
My mother, Marge Cissel, is Co-Founder of Kimberthy Turf Farms and operated the entire office and customer service department for over 35 years.
I graduated in 1991 with a degree in business management from N.C. State University. I started Spectrum Products, Inc. in 1991 with my wonderful wife, Tammy. Tammy has a degree in early childhood education from N.C. State University and was a teacher prior to having our first child. She is currently a full-time mother, wife, and business partner.
WHAT DO I ENJOY?
I am an extreme family advocate and spend most of my free time with them, enjoying their hobbies which are mainly competetive cheerleading, soccer, and the love of animals.
My main hobbies include music, Apple computers, gardening, my dog Maggie, as well as amateur photography. View a gallery of some of my photos.
I am a contemporary jazz fanatic. Some of my favorite musicians include:
Brian Culbertson | Four80East | Norman Brown | Chuck Loeb
MY OTHER HOBBIES / INTERESTS INCLUDE:
I am also a supporter and listener of Christian radio ministries. Focus on the Family with James Dobson, Insight for Living with Charles Swindoll, and Turning Point with David Jeremiah, and Running to Win with Dr. Erwin Lutzer are some of my favorites.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the people that make up our company. My hope is that as you conduct business with us, you can get to know us. My business counselor has always told me "Never forget that people are the reason that we are in business." I look forward to possibly meeting with you someday.
Click here to read my personal testimony.
our mission statement
- > Strive, as a business owner, to model Jesus Christ and share his message of salvation and grace.
- > Continue to design and manufacture quality, useful, and innovative products.
- > Manufacture products that save time, money, and trees at an affordable price.
- > Deliver outstanding customer service and product support.
- > Continue to develop a quality dealer network, focusing on teamwork.
- > Continue the growth and education of Treegator® and it's use throughout the world.
- > Provide a safe, clean, and enjoyable work environment for our employees.
- > Always keep people and family first, remembering that they are the reason we are in business.